Budding food blogger with lotsa pics and too little posts,watch out for this space!

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Green Bar, Singapore

My first impression of the name was an Irish Bar for drinks :p
and then I changed my train of thoughts to the numerous sushi bars in States and hence The Green Bar makes more sense now.
NEVERTHELESS, IT'S A GREAT NAME, Simple and hard to forget

Address
#01-16/17 Hitachi Tower, 16 Collyer Quay.
Tel:  6493 6948
Opening Hours:Monday to Friday:1100 - 2000
Nearest MRT station:Raffles Place


Melli's second trip to The Green Bar, having tried the Duck Surprise, she decided on The Real Chilli Crab



Real crab meat!



The reddness of the sauce scared me a little, however, it is not as spicy as it looks and sounds, mixed with real crab meat adorned on top of the regular-sized farfalle accompanied with mixed mesclun leaves and dressed with a tangy chilli crab sauce.


A real piece of meat!

Having spoilt by the way how French do their duck and salad with balsamic dressing ,I was convinced that I should have a go at the famous Smoked Duck Surprise to try out for myself.I was amazed at the nicely balsamic glazed slices of duck served on a bed of greens and some rings of onions, alongside chunks of roasted pumpkin and rosemary potatoes with skin.

One of the best in the world, on par with the European taste that I've accquired!


Our second bowl for lunch!



We also fell in love with the decor and the big bowls, that reminds of the good old kampong days,slightly deeper and lighter than the normal rojak bowl.Curiosity took us a little further and we asked Ernie, a super friendly boss of The Green bar who told us that they are very particulier about the bowl so they had them  were custom-made and each bowl was craved out from an entire tree itself! How cool! and of coz, I took that custom-made part with a pinch of salt, but I still love these bowls anyway!


A nice gentleman allowed us to take pic of his salad + soup + juice !


A complete meal, tangy!




Ernie showed us the other salads.

I'm in love with Tandoor Tandoor's colours!


Decor


check out the multi-national,bi-sexual crowd,
now the salad culture is really rocking SG!





Stars: 9.5/10
(I would have given 10/10 for their excellent service and value for money food if they provide free water :p or some water dispenser)
What about adding 0.5 stars because Ernie,the charmastic friendly boss is the Her World's 50 Men We Love section!
hmmm;Yummy married Owner + Yummy salad!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! The bowls were indeed custom made to our exact specifications .. and you wont be able to find them anywhere! Scouts honour!

    In fact some of our customers love em so much they are asking us to get some specially carved for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes ... and our opening hours are from 11am to 8pm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahhaaha Scouts honour! what if i told you i was a scout!:p

    ReplyDelete

About Me

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known." - Chuck Palahniuk (Invisible Monsters)

Total Pageviews