Budding food blogger with lotsa pics and too little posts,watch out for this space!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Osmanthus

Chinese Name: 桂花
Common Names: tea olive, fragrant olive, sweet olive.
Family: Oleaceae (olive Family)







Found in mainly temperate Asia.

It has been said that this tea has its origins back to the Ming Dynasty. It is well known for its scent which is sweet, fragrance yet very distinctly special, I would describe it as subtle and deep. Its flowers is a popular ingredient in perfume making.The sweet delicate flowers have a fruity taste reminiscent of sweet summer apricots.Osmanthus flowers are used in other herbal remedies to help mask undesirable taste.

A poet named Song Zhi Wen from the Tang Dynasty quoted "sweet-scented osmanthus seeds fell on the Moon as its fragrance in the sky was wafted through the clouds"



That is how I brew my tea of the day! As you can see I choose not to use a tea ball or any strainer. I love letting the flowers expand and swim in the water naturally.



Pure osmanthus, pure oriental bliss.桂花茶



Taste and Scent :Golden,pure and fresh and quietly elegant fragrance. I feel like I am together with the stars :)

Drink to being to a slimmer and more beautiful skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known." - Chuck Palahniuk (Invisible Monsters)

Total Pageviews