Budding food blogger with lotsa pics and too little posts,watch out for this space!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Mariage Frères Tea -Thé Au Sahara

Thé au Sahara by Mariage Frères , heard about it from Cheryl , my St Germain gf :p.
Thanks to Frog for getting them for me,just before his flight, he was the last customer that day,arrived 10 min before the shop closed.
Finally, got a taste of the super famous Parisien Tea that all the tea ravers are crazy about ,some people might call it commerical packaging.Yes, the tea comes with a hefty price for maintaining its exquistiviness.I do feel a little guilty patronising some touristic/commerical products.The world is unfair, everyone has a share of something more or less, some has fresher air like the people whom stays in Darjeeling and Sikkim ,the tea there is divine.(Yes, I heart Darjeeling Tea ) Darjeeling Tea from Mariage Frère is super expensive but I am sure I have something from Akshay's sis which I would blog about it soon.

mariage freres 1

mariage freres 2

mariage freres 7

mariage freres 3

mariage freres 6


For holidaymakers who want to try it out, you might want to take a trip to Paris or Tokyo (selling in Tokyo too), if travelling all the way there is not your cup of tea , get your travelling friends to pop by their stores .Or try them right in Singapore, here's Mandarin Oriental Hotel's menu and selection on Mariage Frères tea for  SGD$ 12 a pot.(Dear stranger/friends, if you are going, drop me a note, I might want to tag along!)

Scent: More minty than floral ( but not the most fragrant tea I've tried)
Taste: Floral and minty
Stars : 9/10 ( sheer tea , no residue even at the jug, Mariage Frères sans doubt ! )

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known." - Chuck Palahniuk (Invisible Monsters)

Total Pageviews